How do you know if your property has a drainage problem? There are several obvious signs that there is an issue that should quickly be addressed. All Valley Plumbing professionals are equipped for all types of drainage service & repair in Lake Stevens. They include:
- Overflowing gutters cause ruined paint and siding and structural damage.
- Downspouts that are too short allow water to seep (and even pour) into the foundation, where it can cause thousands of dollars in property loss.
- Basement water stains may be due to surface water or water below ground.
- Small cracks in a foundation are a normal part of settling as time passes. Cracks that exceed 1/8” wide signal a larger issue. Keep track of crack widths by marking with a pencil to see if they grow.
- Efflorescence or gray or white mineral deposits left by evaporating water that appears on basement walls or large flaking patches known as spalling may indicate a water flow concern.
- Mildew located below the roof in the attic often indicates some trouble at the ground level, as moisture from the cellar or crawl space has risen through the building and has condensed on the attic ceiling.
- There may be channels of water through the landscape or mulch that accumulate in one specific area of the yard.
Some solutions to your drainage issues may include the installation of a French drain or a drywell. Both resolutions allow water to go where it should instead of causing damage that is expensive to repair.
Resolving drainage problems when they are small means that they are easier to remedy and can save you a great deal of money. Contact the licensed technicians at All Valley Plumbing at (425)357-7420 to schedule drainage service & repair in Lake Stevens.