How do you know if there is drainage trouble on your property? There are a number of noticeable indicators that there is an issue that should be addressed quickly. All Valley Plumbing professionals are ready for all drainage service & repair in Monroe situations that include:
- Gutters that spill over can spoil paint and siding and lead to structural damage.
- Undersized downspouts cause water to empty directly into the foundation, where extensive loss may occur.
- Stains in the basement may be due to surface water or water belowground.
- Tiny cracks in the foundation are to be expected. Gaps over 1/8” wide suggest a bigger problem. Track the size of openings to see if they enlarge over time.
- Gray or white mineral residue left by water, called efflorescence, that emerges on basement walls or sizable peeling patches recognized as spalling may be a sign of a water flow concern.
- Mildew found below the roof in the attic is often due to some difficulty on the ground, as dampness from the basement or crawl space has come up through the building and condensed on the attic ceiling.
- Channels of water through the landscape or mulch that collects in one location in the yard designate a drainage problem.
There are several practical answers for drainage issues. Solutions may be new gutters or downspouts, sump pump, a drywell or French drain. These remedies permit water to flow where it should go rather than where it shouldn’t.
Resolving drainage difficulties without delay means that they are easier to fix and will save money. Call the knowledgeable technicians at All Valley Plumbing at (425)357-7420 for an appointment for drainage service & repair in Monroe.