Every homeowner should know some of the warning signs that there is a drainage problem on their property. However, these are symptoms that may be difficult to pinpoint if you are not quite sure what to look for. How do you deal with drainage issues and do you have a drainage service & repair in Arlington that you can call to get help?
There are certain telltale signs that you have drainage problems that are developing in and around your home. The quicker the issues are addressed, the easier it might be to get them fixed. Additionally, the longer that you wait, the larger and more costly the problems will be. These are some of the obvious signs that you need to call the experts for help with drainage:
- Water stains developing in your basement that could be a sign of water under the flooring or surface water that has been pooling.
- Light cracks in the foundation that start to become wider than 1/8″.
- Gutters that overflow and start to ruin your siding or paint, causing structural damage, etc.
- Channels of water around your landscaping that start to accumulate in one portion of your yard.
- Mildew that develops below the attic roof can often tell you that there is an issue with water throughout the home.
When it comes to drainage woes, it is usually best to talk to a professional so that you can learn about all of your options. You may want to see about having a dry well or a French drain installed so that you can distribute the water away from areas where it is causing damage.